Building Teams Through Leadership
USA/Canada Lions Leadership Forum
September 20-22, 2018
Presenter Confirmation Letter
The 2018 Forum Planning Committee thanks you for accepting the invitation to serve as a Presenter at the USA/Canada Lions Leadership Forum in Columbus, Ohio September 20-22, 2018. We are confident that your participation will ensure that the 42nd USA/Canada Lions Leadership Forum is one of our best!
SEMINAR GUIDELINES FOR THE FORUM PRESENTERS
- Prior to the Forum, please contact your Moderator. Introduce yourself and share with your moderator how he/she can assist you with your presentation.
- At least 30 minutes prior to the start of your assigned session, report to the Seminars Office to sign-in.
Be atthe assigned seminar room early to assist in checking on the room, AV equipment, and the room arrangement.
- The Moderator will briefly, provide any housekeeping comments and introduce you as the Presenter to establish credibility related to your topic. Please email your Moderator with five bullet points for your introduction. Introductions will be 2-3 minutes in length.
- Use your best presentation skills. Limit lecturing. Engage the audience by encouraging small group discussion and facilitating interaction.
- If group discussion topics are used during the seminar, be sure to let the Moderator know what is expected. Communicate with your Moderator prior to the session beginning.
- Establish a signal so the Moderator can let you know when there are 5 minutes left and when presentation time is complete. The Moderator will need 5 minutes to end the session.
Registration: All Presenters must be registered for the Forum. If you have not already done so, please register at www.usacanadalionsforum.org
Forum Policy: Forum Policy states that no Lion who has secured a single or multiple district endorsement for international vice president shall act as a moderator or presenter.
Question/Special Needs: Please contact Carolyn Messier at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions, concerns or special needs pertaining to your participation as a Presenter at the Forum.
PowerPoint and Handouts:
Presenters are being asked to upload their own power point presentations and any handouts. A link will be sent to you at a later date for uploading. IF the link is available when this email is sent, it would alleviate another email later. They could also be given the date of September 15 as the upload date.
Webinar: A webinar will be conducted to clarify the responsibilities and expectations for Presenters and Moderators in July 2018. A link will be sent to your email address.
Meeting for Presenters and Moderators: A meeting will be held
Thank you for sharing your enthusiasm, excitement, and expertise.
2018 Seminars Committee
TAPING RIGHTS WAIVER
In consideration of the opportunity to appear on an audio/video recording depicting various aspects of the presentations and activities of the 2018 USA/Canada Lions Leadership Forum, the undersigned hereby waives any and all rights and interests in said audio/video recording, relinquishing said rights to the 2018 USA/Canada Lions Leadership Forum, including, but not limited to, the right to use and copy for educational and promotional purposes.
Your signature indicates that you have read this document and will comply with all requests of the USA/Canada Lions Leadership Forum. If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact Carolyn Messier at Carolyn.email@example.com