As we anticipate the excitement of holding the September 17-19, 2020 USA/Canada Lions Leadership Forum in Louisville, the Forum Planning Committee is evaluating the situation on a continuous basis. The Committee will issue a decision in mid-June 2020 as to the feasibility of holding the Forum. Should the decision be made to cancel the Forum, all who have already registered will be given the option of a full refund or rolling over their registration to the 2021 Des Moines Forum. We are looking forward to seeing all of you in Louisville.
Kentucky International Convention Center
Early Registration ends May 31st
The Mission of the USA/Canada Lions Leadership Forum:
To develop leaders, motivate and educate attendees, provide an open exchange of ideas, and support programs and goals of Lions Clubs International.
• “Top 10 U.S. Destinations for 2018” (Bourbon Country) – Lonely Planet
• “The 10 Coolest U.S. Cities to Visit in 2018”– Forbes
• “11 Cities on the Rise You Can’t Pass Up”
• “3 Hottest US Cities for Events”– Experient
• “29 Best Small Cities in the US”– National Geographic
• “30 Best US Summer Travel Destinations” Travel Pulse
• “America’s Best Cities for a Long Weekend” Pure Wow
Eat & Drink
• “The Best Drinking Neighborhoods in the Country (Downtown/Nulu)–Thrilist
• “The World’s Top 10 Beer Destinations for 2018 Vinepair
• “Most Romantic Restaurant in Kentucky” (English Grill)–Food & Wine
• “Cities with an Unexpectedly International Food Scene”- Fodor’sTravel
• “12 Foodie Cities to Discover Before Everyone Else”
• “The 10 Fastest-growing Beer Destinations in America”- AirBnB
Bourbon City – Louisville’s first distillery since Prohibition opened in the heart of downtown in 2013 signaling a new era in Bourbon in its native home.
The Evan Williams Bourbon Experience became the first distillery the public could tour in Louisville as other brands have joined the Urban Bourbon renaissance. The picturesque Bulleit Frontier Whiskey Experience, rock ‘n’ roll brandy distillery Copper & Kings, and father-son craft distillery Kentucky Peerless Distilling Co., were soon to follow. The Jim Beam Urban Stillhouse opened a micro distillery and visitor experience at Fourth Street Live!
The Frazier History Museum on Museum Row is the official starting point for the Kentucky Bourbon Trail® with a Welcome Center & Exhibit.
As Louisville’s reputation as a food destination has come to garner worldwide recognition, local chefs and entrepreneurs have taken culinary experiences beyond the dining room. Bourbon-themed tour company Mint Julep Tours offers customizable Culinary Artisan Tours to either sample Kentucky’s staple dishes or to experience tasting dinners, chef’s table experiences or mixology classes.
The accolades continue to grow – from the World Food Travel Association’s grand prize award for “Best Destination Experience” to Zagat naming Louisville “one of the top eight ‘awesome foodie getaways in the world’” – the only US destination.